Sunday, January 22, 2012

Down But Not Out, Broken But Not Defeated!!

      Down But Not Out, Broken But Not Defeated!! It me took until Thursday to finally feel this way, BUT I got there!! And I got there while totally staying on the WW program. In the past when I get knocked down like I did last Monday night at weigh in, I would QUIT!! I would use that disappointment as a reason to be defeated. A reason to give up on me yet again. This time I was very, very down and withdrew myself from as much human interaction as I could for 2 days, BUT I ate right and journaled everything!!  I was not able to get my body moving though. No exercise for me is not a good thing, but food is definitely my biggest hurdle. Sticking to a healthy eating plan through the emotional week I had, I call a HUGE SUCCESS!!!  So here I am giving myself a pat on the back!!  I hope you do not mind!!

      Historically I have felt alone each time I embark on this challenge of losing weight. I feel like I am the only one beating myself down with tons of A.N.T's, also known as Automatic Negative Thoughts. Feeling alone would allow me a reason to quit. I no longer feel alone!! Actually, I have been quite overwhelmed once again by the support I have gotten from so many people through this blog, facebook and friends. I have gotten phone calls and messages from many with words of support and encouragement.   I have had tears in my eyes realizing that I am not the only one struggling through challenges right now.

       I am thankful to those of you who shared your stories with me to encourage me. I feel so blessed to have so many people cheering me on and wanting to see me succeed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dina - when I lost my weight, I got to my goal before we added in exercise (TBMP). I actually think it's easier to concentrate on food/water first for awhile and then add in exercise.. If you exercise, you are burning calories, and sometimes it makes it hard to figure out your calorie "number".. Just my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete