Monday, January 9, 2012

About Me & My New Journey

     I have never been a writer. I typically get stuck on what to write, does it sound ok, does it make sense etc. But this blog is really going to be a way to help me document a new journey I am embarking on. My journey is to health. Why do I need to move toward health? Well simply said I am obese.
    I have never been skinny. As a matter of fact the thinnest I ever remember is size 11. That was back when I was in high school.I have always had a distorted body image. When I was a size 12 I thought I was fat. As I had children and gained weight I never really saw just how large I was getting. Today I am....yep, I am putting in on here.....I am 263lbs and a size 22. Wow, what a personal thing to put on a blog, BUT I am hoping this give me accountability and is the beginning of watching those numbers drop.
     What is my plan to move toward health you may be asking? Well I recently got a part-time job at a gym and a free membership is included. So "get moving" is part one! My goal is to begin with 3 days a week. I know it does not sound like a lot, but I have to start slow. I have this horrible habit of being an all or nothing person. So if I set my goal too high and fail to reach it I will quit. Stupid I know, but it is what I do!
      Part 2 begins tomorrow....tonight I joined Weight Watchers. A few years back I had a lot of success with WW so I decided to return! I am looking forward to the accountability of weighing in each week and the positive reinforcement the meetings provide. Monday's are meeting nights so I am also going to plan on posting to this blog every Monday night at the very least.
      Part 3 will be the BIGGEST challenge for me. It is to allow myself to succeed. My self-esteem has never been great, but in the past 3 years or so it has dropped to a new low. My hope and prayer is that I can get to a place where I realize I deserve to be happy and healthy.
     So tomorrow I begin my 2 biggest changes.....visit the gym and eat within the limits set by WW. It is all about being intentional. I will get moving with the intention of getting healthy!! I will Eat with the intention of losing weight to get healthy.
     I truly hope every Monday there will be LESS of me making the blog entry!!!   Thanks for coming along with me on this Journey to Health!!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Dina. I started the same journey 3 or so years ago with over 50 pounds gone for good. Some of it has been an uphill, slow battle, but I can't even begin to put the benefits into words (confidence was never my strong suit, either.) Each new habit we form and mistake we make adds to our resolve to achieve this goal. I haven't arrived yet, so let's encourage each other to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I KNOW you can do it! Hugs <3

    Ami Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Congrats to you! I think a blog for your journey is a great idea. Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete